Thursday, August 6, 2009

New leaf, etc.

Though my time in Budapest is over, it's anything but forgotten, leaving many memories and habits in its wake. For instance, after six months of near-scurvy, I have an unquenchable, life-long addiction to fresh vegetables and fruits. I am also more appreciative of winter sunlight. I miss long, cross-Europe train rides terribly. I miss not depending on a car. I miss the absurd haircuts Hungarians give their children. I can manage perfectly without a dryer. Most importantly, I miss writing about amazing, new things on a daily -- er, semi-weekly? -- basis.

So here we are. A new blog. For an exciting new time in my life.

Things I did today, in no apparent order:

- over-plucked my eyebrows.
- read The Fountainhead. Ayn Rand is way more annoying than I remember.
- took a nap.
- applied for jobs.
- obsessively groomed the cat until he scratched his way out of my arms.
- cataloged all twenty-two of my DVDs.
- crunched the numbers of my budget for the 302420385th time to justify moving to Worcester, MA.

It's been a big day. Tomorrow: library trip.

No comments: